Is there a good inexpensive hair straightening solution for caucasian hair?

I'm looking for something that I can buy over the counter or order online, that won't damage my hair, that's easy to use and that doesn't cost a fortune.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• not that I know of... my hubby has very curly hair and wanted it straight. I bought a straightening kit and it didn't work well. it's gonna damage your hair, since it's just a perm that you don't curl your hair for.

have you tried a straightening iron?
    Anonymous

• If you get a good ceramic straightener, you can use it without frying your hair off. The reason so many people fry their hair is because they think a higher temperature automatically means straighter hair...and it doesn't. If you keep the temperature on a healthy low level, it'll straighten your hair but won't fry the ends off :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• any perm solution will straighten you hair.. put in on as directed and continue to come the hair straight.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I bought a 15 dollar Conair flat iron at Walmart,its near the curling irons. It works well on my daughters hair,she is Indian and her hair gets very tangled,we also have to use conditioner and detangler daily! Her hair is curly and very poufy!!
    Barb10

Answer by Barb10 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You might want to save up and get a CHI. If you have very coarse or curly hair this is your best bet. It's costly but well worth it. The cheapest I've seen it is $79 at Cosco. Yeah you can by a cheap flat iron by Conair or Revlon but they don't compare to a CHI. Google CHI reviews and find out what actual users say like this site.

mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 7:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• shampoos and straightneing kit do not work. no matter who or what they are or how much they are they just dont. like that one lady said, save up for a chi. they are around 100. but, they are so worth it. if you go and buy like a cheap one for 20 dollars, it wont heat up as fast or heat up as much. so definaetly get a chi, they will last longer than the cheaper ones to! and then for heat protection and to proctect it from damage, use tresseme thermal creatins heat tamer and striaghtening get. and btw, if u striahgten ur hair like i do everyday, the night beofre, take a shower, spritz tresseme heat tamer in it and blow dry it and then rub a nickel sized of the striahgtening gel and striaghtn it, it will cut ur hair time down in the morning alot!!!1 but in the morning, just run it quickly over it and it will be fine! thats what i do!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008