how do i....

how do i get my new fiances family to stop giving my son sweets i keep asking even tried telling them that he can not have them because he's a diabetic and yet they still bring him lollipops and things its coming to the point to where i will ask them not to come to my house at all but i dont want to hurt my fiances feelings is there anything i can do

stevensmommy007

Asked by stevensmommy007 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow,,,thats just amazing...I would sit there butts down, at the next visit and lay down the law. That is not acceptable. Your childs health is at risk!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i've tried telling them several times they come back with its only a lollipop it wont hurt him
    stevensmommy007

Comment by stevensmommy007 (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You need to give them some facts about what does happen when a child does eat sweets. Like Diabetic coma? Give them something from your Dr. Tell them it could also infringe on child abuse. When you give something that can endanger a childs life, it is against the law. If they do it, and your child had a bad reaction, landing up in the hospital, they could be arrested and have to pay court and hospital cost. Plus, not being allowed to shee your child again. I know its scary. But they need a reality check. You could also invite someone from your community that knows about Diabetis and then invite your Fiances family for dinner. Have an open discussion. I think the fact that its coming from you, they think you're being overly protective. As a lot of people think who don't know the seriousness of this disease. I hope these suggestions help you. Go on-line to Diabetes.com or .org and see whats in your area.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• That is very, very dangerous. Whatever you do, don't let them get away with that. They have to listen to you and respect your wishes regardless of his diabetes. You're his mother, period! Tell them that to them that's just a lolipop but to him that thing is posion.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would ask them outright "are you trying to kill my child? because that is what will happen if he eats this."
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If they don't stop I would just stop letting them come over. Your child is more important than anyone's feelings.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2010