How Can I Get My Hair Back Thick The Way It Use To Be & How Do U Get Rid Of Dark Bags Under Eyes?

I use to have really thick hair. It's always been really long- halfway down my back, or right about my belt line.. I started dying it diff colors & had some really bad stylist that stripped it & bleached in all in the same day. When she was brushing my hair my mom said it was coming out in handfulls. Every since this day, my hair has not been no where near as thick as it use to be. Is there any way to get it back thick? & I have always had dark (not too dark) bags under my eyes & they are puffy. Can anyone give me some tips to get rid of this?

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm not sure about your hair. I find that my dark bags are reduced/eliminated when I am fully hydrated, and excersizing regularly. My hubby says it's because when I exercise my circulation is better so the dark circle (stagnant blood) go away.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've always played ball & been really active & I still had them.. they are not like.. DARK circles, almost like.. indentions, idk how to explain it.. but thanks.. the hydration part might be it!

ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• How long ago was it that your stylist did this to your hair? I think it should grow back thick eventually. As far as the dark circles go, Mary Kay's Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer is the only thing I've found that gets rid of dark circles.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 3:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• if it's been over a year since that stylist has touched it, the root area should have thickened back up. It it hasn't, then it's not necessarily the stylists fault, it's more likely a hormonal or body change which can be blamed mostly on genetics, but diet, health, etc, can also play a role.
    I would recommend to switch from brushing to combing your hair to prevent excess damage, some good vitamins (healthy body makes healthy hair), and if you notice damage to your hair, try some protein treatments.
    stripping is bleaching, but to remove the color it may have had to be done twice, or she may have had to up the volume developer she used to really cut through the color. Your stylists may not have been aware how many different colors or the products used for coloring, so it may have taken more than she was aware of. Not necessarily the stylists fault completely.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• unless your stylist noticed that your hair was already over processed. (at that point, as a stylist I would have either refused to do the service, or told you prior that that was going to be what was going to happen to your hair).

Let it grow out, continue with the protein treatments, along with some good conditioners and shampoos. keep it trimmed up, and stay away from chemical services until they previous service has grown out and been cut/trimmed out.

cucumbers and a facial can help with the bags under your eyes.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I love the cucumber facials and also the apricot. Also, just egg white makes a good cleansing facial mask.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You can try Nioxin. It's actually made for that type of situation. Here's my post about that: Nioxin Overview.

For dark circles, I would just use a really good cover up, such as Derma Blend.  You can find that at Macy's or you can Google their website.  It's really fantastic.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Get regular trims at a salon
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010