I would like to have another baby but my husband says NO!!!

I am 27 and my husband is 37. I will be 28 in two weeks. I have always wanted to have two children. My husband has a fourteen year old daughter and together we have a four year old daughter. I would like to try for a boy. (Yes I know you get what you get.) I would be fine if it was a girl. He said if he could make sure it would be a boy, we would do it. I don't think that is fair.

I know it cost a lot to have kids, but if you wait until you can afford it, you will never have them. Is there a way to convince not trap him into wanting another baby. Before I get too old to be able to chase him/her around. And before my daughter is too much older?????

taterrose94

Asked by taterrose94 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Research the latest tests and such that show ways to help determine the sex of the baby during conception. I've heard the same as AmandaH, XY sperm swims faster, but also die faster, so having sex during ovulation instead of right before can really boost those chances. Also (maybe TMI) having rough sex and him thrusting in really deep when he cums can help toss those faster swimmers forward so they get there first.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• This should have been under relationships...The only way your going to get another baby is to just get pregnant without his permission...But thats not a good way to do it

Answer by louise2 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You just keep telling him how important it is to you. Also mention that it's the one thing that only he can do for you. It can be done, just be persistent.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• tell him that you want baby making over before you reach your mid 30 and that he should think about it for a little bit.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I honestly think you need to have a long serious discussion with him, without distractions, to find out if he truly is finished having children. He sounds a bit on the fence with the "only if its a boy" comment. He could just be having fears because of his age. You on the other hand are young- you are not even close to being too old to have another child. But the choice to have one more has to be a mutal one- or it could ruin your marriage.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If he really wants a boy tell him if you time it right it boosts your chances a little bit. Boy sperm supposedly swims faster so you should have sex after ovulation when the egg is already there waiting for the fastest swimmer! Maybe that'll help him say okay.
    AmandaH7

Answer by AmandaH7 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008