What is the expectations of being a friend in Today's world?

I know what being a friend is for me, but I was wondering, what are other's preceptions of what Friendship means to them. What does it mean to you?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Being a friend to me means being supportive when I need it, and being comfortable enough to laugh till you cry. To me the biggest difference between being friends and just aquaintances is when you encounter an argument : Friends discuss it, hear eachothers sides and are still friends after where as aquaintances have a fight and don't care enough to work it out and never talk again.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 2:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think a friend should be supportive, honest, and trustworthy.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A friend does not judge me, can be him/her self around u
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 4:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Supports me when I need it. Helps me see the good things I'm doing. Able to talk about anything... hang out, be silly, have fun, but also be there for each other when things aren't great.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It means always being there. Even though the hard times.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm not really sure what friendship means to me. I sure as heck know what friendship means to the people with whom I have a relationship that THEY think of as a friendship: It means that I'll pick up the phone and solve any and all problems, pick their kids up, get extra groceries, fix their septic systems, A/C units, water heaters or washing machines, check over their medications to make sure they aren't accidentally taking bad combinations or too much of one thing, listen to their woes over boyfriends or husbands, help their kids with homework problems, come up with and help execute prize-winning science projects, build birthday party pinatas and come up with and execute menus for birthday parties, listen to their aches and pains and try and help them decide if they need to see a doctor yadda yadda yadda. If I ever need things, I'm told they don't have time, resources, knowledge or interest. I may change my phone number.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A good friend is someone you can confide in, and not have it go around town the next day. Someone you can rely on, but would never rely on too much because you don't want to burden them. for Fairy....I think people don't get that last part with you.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 11:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A friend is loyal. A friend care for you, tells you the truth and remains your friend after diagreement.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010