hwo to deal with overally grown 13 yr olds

BabyNya913

Asked by BabyNya913 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My SO needs this question answered about his 13 year old son. I cannot stand the kid, he's just horrible! I don't want our 2 year old around him EVER!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I say they "should be knocked down a peg"! Lay it out like it is and how it's going to be if they do not act properly (of course let them know what proper means to you in detail) and exactly what will happen if they do not act in that way. And than and MOST IMPORTANTLY......FOLLOW THROUGH with what you said! Kids have a great memory! The first time they fuck up and you do not follow through, well than you have lost all respect!! This is super important at this age! I admit, I do not have a child anywhere near that age but understand them and the way their little minds work just as well as an senior's mind works. I know people!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What truthteller said. But be understanding too. 13 is a rough age for a lot of kids. So make sure they know you are there for them.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Set grounds rules and when they are broken they should be punished.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2010