Do you ever think your parenting style is not strict enough?

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yep. I had an abusive parent and I suspect I am tending towards being too lenient because I am trying so hard to NOT be like my dad. My husband is stricter so I am hoping we balance each other out.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think my parenting style is too strict. I think my dh's parenting style is not strict enough.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Not really, though I do often wonder if I'll regret being so lax about meals later on. (We are grazers, and as long as it's healthy food I don't complain if my kids want to eat six small meals a day than three bigger ones.) But besides that, I'm pretty strict - especially about manners, cleaning up after yourself, etc.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Like the first poster said, my dh came from an abusive home do he tries to not be like his folks. I was raised old school and feel it's good for kids to have social and personal, not physical, discipline.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yep.... I threaten and threaten, but it takes a lot for the punishment. I just tend to raise my voice...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am too strict. But Hubby on the other hand isn't so much. I won't let the boys leave for the weekend unless their rooms are clean, and I mean SPOTLESS and their laundry is done and folded. I check homework to make sure it's done and done correctly. If it's too messy, hubby will tear it up and make them redo it. When it's dinner time, kids clean up after themselves. If their plate isn't rinsed, I go get them to do it.

AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:58 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No, I do not think that ever and I KNOW that it is not! But, I KNOW that my SO's parenting style is NOT even close to strict enough. I choose to KNOW things and not just THINK things.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Not really.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 9:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm not strict as a parent and so far I haven't had the need to be one. My daughter is 10 yrs old and is a relly good child since she was born. My son is`
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• (sorry, my son hit enter) My son is 1 yr old and so far so good, he do baby stuff and it doesn't annoy me. If he do something bad then I correct him but I think I don't have to be strict to ge their attention.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2010