have you ever had a period so bad that it feels like your entire uterus is going to fall out?

Close to menopause, but not close enough. My periods have been so heavy, any advice on what I can do at this point? I feel like Im bleeding way too heavy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• Some remedies i used was pain medicine and a heated rice bag. those are the best thing for cramps as well as eating a hersheys bar. these have always helped relieve my cramps.
    christina0610

Answer by christina0610 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Oh yes!! right after the birth of my 2nd daughter, my first period felt like i had nothing left to rid of! It was excruciating cramps and some of the biggest clots i ever imagined coming out of me. It is something I can say I never want to go through again!!
    christina0610

Answer by christina0610 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Oh, yes, here lately, coming off of birth control (I had bad cramping, etc before going on it), its so terrible. That first month, especially. But even still you can feel where the cramps are if you touch my abdomen, they get so tight and hard. I drink lots of chocolate milk, lol, it really does seem to help me - although that could be just because its one of my personal comforts in general (I love chocolate milk, lol). I have heard that chocolate releases endorphins, though, that its a pleasure stimulant or whatever.... DH usually gets me one of those giant reeces bars to get me through the few days, too.... ;)

I hate taking anything, but if it gets really bad I'll cave. My husband always said his mother recommends putting a pillow between your knees when you lay down, but I didn't think it ever really helped me.....

I'll have to try that rice bag thing....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Have you tried progesterone cream?
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 4:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2010