Run the hot water threw the sink so its hot water in the dishwasher.

Im 25years old and I have never know that, but I was doing dishes today, like I do everyday at my future MIL house where Im staying and she say that I was starting the dishwasher and told me (after about 5months) that I need to turn the fauset on to hot and let the water get real hot so the water will be hot in the dishwasher...seems kinda weird to me and I wanted to know if thats true or if you do that or whatever....

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• That is true if it takes a long time for your water to get hot at your house. Does it take forever for your water to get hot when showering? If yes, then your MIL is correct. Our hot water is instant because we have 2 hot water heaters.

Here's something else that you might not know.... You need to run a dishwasher cleaner through your dishwasher at least once a month. Same for washing machines. Here's an example......... if you have never ran a washing machine cleaner through your washing machine and you have a front load washer, then check the interior seal....... Do you have mold on the inside of the ring? Probably......

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No that is stupid, regardless where the water is spilling (if it set to be hot, it will get hot). The dishwasher water hoses are connected separately to hot and cold, hot for washing and cold for rinsing.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• know i dont do that.it seems wried to me.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 3:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I run the hot water anyways because my dishwasher is basically just a noisy machine that sort of rinses my dishes so I have to pre rinse everything. My mom has a nice dishwasher that apparently heats up it's own water.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• How old is her house? Shouldn't be an issue normally.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• LOL i do that, because thats what my mom always did..so to me its a force of habit...i dont know if its true or not..but hey, theres no harm in doing it..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It depends on how long it take the hot water to get to your dishwasher/sink and what kind of dishwasher it is. We have a Thermador Dishwasher and it heats the water up beyond what the hot water heater does. And our hot water tank isn't that far from the kitchen so the hot water gets there fast.
    But typically one doesn't need to do that.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010