baby problems

how can i get my 1yr old baby to sleep right though the nite im absolute shattered not getting a gd sleep (help)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Is it possible for you to co-sleep? This may be the lazy way out, but for me, my son and I slept a whole lot better when we slept together. I put him to bed in his crib, then brought him over to ours when he woke up in the middle of the night.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 3:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• any health problems? if born healthy with a high APGAR and no colic.......than the only thing I can recommend is lavender (an extremely calming herb), and they make baby body washes and creams with that herb and scent a lot now just for that reason! They do help! Is baby possibly gassy (have u tried Mylicon drops?) or teething (try Infant Motrin , I hate meds and wanted to stay away from them but my son was in sooooo much obvious pain that teething tablets did not work. He was NEVER a fussy baby either, he would lay in his crib all by himself for hours and coo and giggle. I was always there of course, but he hardly ever cried until he needed or wanted something. Some babies are just more fussy and I have heard A LOT of complaints about females.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• hi thanxs for helping but once u start putting ur baby in beside u its hard for them to get away from you
    pammypethouse

Answer by pammypethouse at 3:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• hey thanxs for helping me out she teething really bad just now her teeth are hurting her which doesnt help also she wanting milk after milk during the night,she got her dummy as well dont know what going to do.iv gave her bongela teething stuff gave her power medicine for her teeth tryed everything from hot baths u name it
    pammypethouse

Answer by pammypethouse at 3:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Does she take naps during the day? How many times? And whats her bed time?
    olivia3579

Answer by olivia3579 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• hi she usually goes to sleep before her lunch or maybe after lunch depends on her mood.her bedtime is usually 7.30-8pm
    pammypethouse

Answer by pammypethouse at 3:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Have you tried adding rice cereal to the nightly bottle? This will fill up their tummy and help them to sleep longer.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• hi tam hey never thought of that one but been adding rusks and maybe porridge now then thanxs for that x
    pammypethouse

Answer by pammypethouse at 1:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Get "Helping My Child Sleep Through the Night",Cuthbertson & Schville. It answers all questions til age 5. Get your baby a big stuffed buddy... put her to sleep with the buddy always. Leave the room. Let her fuss. She'll settle down. But not if you keep going in and out of the room. Tuck her in, period.
    Good Luck.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• No cereal. Not a good idea. Please say you wont do that. Its not healthy to eat food right before you eat and she could even choke.

I would stick to a routine. Bath Book jammies bed however you do it. If she feels safe she will certainly sleep better.
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 29, 2010