Have you ever placed your kids in a "crisis nursery"

It is a place to place your kid(s) for up to a week while you get a break

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't even leave my girls with my mother-in-law. I don't think I could ever do that,
    I can see an up-side: if a single mom had a medical emergency it is a pleasent alternitive to CPS taking your children (this almost happened to my sister)
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 4:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have never heard of it. I would never do that to my child EVER.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have heard of them we have them here.. it does not make someone a bad parent to need help when your babie first comes home I have seen the time I thought i would lose it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No, but if I felt that I need a rest and might be a danger to my child. Only if I didn't have supportive family
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Never even heard of it, but I think it's a great idea.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No way could I EVER do that but it is a great resource to other people. If a person were to really get stuck and unable to care for their child, I think they would need more than a week to get their sh*t together though.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I dont think I would do it. Maybe for a couple hours but not a week. I do however think its a great idea for parents that need a break and have no other choice.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 9:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They are all over the state of Minnesota...you first meet with a counsler who decides if you really need the break then when she oks it you bring your kid to this 24/7 daycare type place that looks like it is a blast!! and they provide all clothes and food,diapers,bottles,formula whatever they need.
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 3:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• no sure..how do they decide if u need the break or not..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010