What have you done that is overprotective?

my 1st born I washed everything down weekly, all toys and baby furniture! bottles were soaked in hottest water for no less then 2 hours. Also made sure I washed her gums then teeth twice a day...
The 2nd and 3rd I do not recall be as anal

my last, my 4th, my only son, he slept in a swing next to my bed for a good 6 weeks because he sounded congested and the DR said he just had "newborn mucus" still I didn't like it and wanted my only boy to be safe and cozy.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sleep is scary for me. I still check on my first baby 2 xs a night and he is 2.5 years old. For our 3 month old we have an angel monitor! I LOVE IT. It monitors her breathing and tells us if there is too much time between breaths! I also use only Organic for that first year of life, formula, food, milk...It is a lot of extra money, but it is something my mommy sense tells me to do.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't let ANYONE hold her. lol. Just my mom and hubby (sometimes).
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 3:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I went back to the house to get ds,,,homework for him,,,I think he was in middle school. Now that they are in high school, the both of them,,,,aint no working mommy running back to the house to take care of what they forgot at home,,oh heck no !
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't let my 2nd son sleep anywhere but in my bed for at least a year. Even 2 feet away in his cradle or playpen was too far for me. He was 5 weeks early and had really erratic breathing patterns after he was born, as well as trouble regulating his body temp. I knew co-sleeping would help with both of those, but I didn't anticipate being so paranoid for so long!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i dont like people holg my DD, whe she was only a week old i got so ancy whenever somone was holding her, ( mostly the DH's family). I just felt like they werent paying attention to anything just trying to look good in pictures. i also got super irratated when they would take pictures of her with their cell phone. they would hold the phone right in her face, like hello?? i dont want all that radiation right in my babys face!! but when i go to say something i get called over proctective!? wtf?!
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010