How can I occupy my child if I can get around?

I have a three year old daughter and I getting ready to face a major back surgery to fuse together a broken verabre. Right now I can get around ok on most days but my pain is getting worse as more and more of my nerves get trapped in this broken vertabre (its L5). I feel like if I have the surgery my house will go crazy and have 6 inches and toys everywhere because my SO can't affrod to take and extended period off of work to take care of me. Does anyone have any advice because I will have some help but not alot and I am still going to have to keep her occupied. BTW I am going to be out of work for at least a year considering I'm an EMT and my job requires quite a bit of heavy lifting.

emtmommyamanda

Asked by emtmommyamanda at 1:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• I had knee surgery when my DS was 2 1/2 and was on the couch for 6 weeks. My DH couldn't take a bunch of time off work. I had friends bring their kids over to play and tried to set up a play date of some sort every morning. My son, unfortunately, watched a lot of tv, colored a lot of pictures, spent a lot of time in the sand box in the back yard (we had a swing out there where I could prop my leg up). I couldn't drive, so we were just stuck in the house and my DH would take him to playgrounds in the evenings. It's no fun, but it is survivable.
    icook

Answer by icook at 1:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008