What is your thoughts on having your baby on a holiday?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My son was born on Halloween. I don't like it because I feel already felt so rushed on halloween before he was born, with his siblings parades, school parties, getting them ready for trick or treat and now we have to celebrate his birthday with cake and presents.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 7:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my dd was born on st. patrick's day and its awesome. i am very far from being irish but now we always have a reason to celebrate. i wouldn't mind any mother holiday also.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My first son was almost born on Halloween but he waited until Nov 1. My second son was due Christmas eve but they induced me a few days earliar and he was born on Dec 22.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 9:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My sister was born on December 17 and she hate it. When she was little on year she cry because no one give her gifts for her birthday, only on Christmas and told her "this is your birthday gift and christmas gift." She hate it. None of my kids, so far, have been born on a holiday and I rather have it that way.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My first is Dec 11. My second was born on Feb 14. . This one is close to Thanksgiving. We teach them there birthdays are not able presents but the love you are send that day. Yes we get them presents but want them to understand that is not what your birthday is all about.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It depends on the holiday and the family. My BIL's birthday is December 19th. His family was never allowed to give him combined presents. We did one year and it was begrudgingly okay'd by his parents because the sibling Christmas gift budget for my family was $5 and his gift was way more than that and we technically got him more than one thing anyway (we were justifying the more expensive Christmas gift, not trying to short him).

If it's a holiday like Easter (which moves) or Thanksgiving (which moves) or St. Patrick's Day (which isn't always a big production), then it's not a problem. However, I prefer to keep big ticket holidays to themselves, and that includes anniversaries. (DD2 was due on my anniversary. She politely came 8 days early.)
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My first is on his way to being born on a holiday. His due date is Jan 13th but according to ultrasound I am a week early and you never know when the baby is going to decide to come out! But me and my husband discussed that we would separate the birthdays from the holidays because that is the babies day! My birthday is Jan 26 and when the Superbowl came around I got left out so I could only imagine how holiday babies feel
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 1:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My son's bday is a week before mine which can be a bit hectic planning parties etc and my current pregnancy, the baby is due 30th december....really hoping hye doesn't arrive xmas day or new yrs eve/day, ideally want him here b efore xmas!!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010