men!!!

Why do men feel so uncomfortable changing there daughters diapers? Why can't they latch on to them like us moms and stomach it like a champ? why do they think it is weird just because they aren't boys but girls? Am I the only one experiencing this with my spouse or is it common?

christina0610

Asked by christina0610 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL! Some guys are just like that. My husb would help w/ diapers/baths, but if I was available, he'd want me to put on the ointment if she had a rash. As long as he helps in other ways, I'd let this one slide. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• DH would gag every time he changed DS's poopy diapers. But, before DS was born, DH said he wouldn't be changing any girl diapers. He was totally freaked out about the thought of it. My own dime store psychoanalysis? He sees the vagina as a source of pleasure, not as an anatomical part of the whole being. He doesn't want to regard his daughter that way. Our culture promotes this objectification, so I don't really blame him, but I do think it's ridiculous. DH has so many other amazing qualities, I've chosen to overlook this small flaw. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think my DH owes me a million dollars, since he told me he would give me a $1000 every time a diaper needed to be changed and I asked him to do it...do you think I'll ever see it? LOL
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband says it is because he might miss some nooks and crannies ( and he does ) . My daughter always run to me for comfort. I think all children do.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 26, 2010