daycare!

I am needing to start back to work and feel that i will have to put my 2 month old daughter in daycare. i didn't put my first one in due to all the horror stories about them. I feel I should do the same for my second. What do think and how do you feel about child care?

christina0610

Asked by christina0610 at 6:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in

• my dd is in daycare but its a in home daycare. its a personal choice. what did you do withe first one? can you do that with the second? is there any friends or family that can watch the baby while you are working. i say ask around. for a recommendation my dd has been in daycare since she was 2months old and she loves it now. she is 18months. but its hard to get quality daycare. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Personally, I would try to find an in home daycare.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think really good home daycares can be a God send. In order to find a good one ask around to other mothers. Word of mouth is the best advertising. Interview, interview, interview. Ask for references. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there has been any complaints, and also the county licensing department for daycares. After narrowing the choices down, drop in unexpectedly on them a few times to see what is going on and even after placing your child in one.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My kids go to a home daycare. They love her so much. She is a wonderful part of their lives. They have made such good friends there. I would definitely recommend it. We have had a great experience. We consider her family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would call each and every single facility in your area or what other area(s) you may be willing to travel to. I would write down the pros and cons as you are speaking to them. I would make a list of what YOU want to know beforehand, too. That will help you stay focused on what place is right for your child.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If you have to work, you have to work. Please make sure to run the numbers to make sure you are actually getting enough money to be making extra money. With a special needs infant and a college degree, I would be making negative money at work, so I stay home. There are extra gas expenses, higher tax rates with two incomes, and possibly extra money spent on food and a work appropriate wardrobe, and the obvious childcare expenses. If you come out ahead and you still feel it's necessary, just jump in and find someone who is willing to do what you want for your child. I agree with the recommendation for in-home daycare.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sorry I don't have any advice I'm going to be in the same boat as you after my second DD is born, so I was curious what others had to say. You have my support and understanding with how difficult it is though because I know I'm not looking forward to doing this with my second iether.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010