My daughter is having a baby girl in January and I want to get her something that she will get a lot of use out of. What items that you have for your baby do you feel you couldn't do without?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 7:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Boppy pillow (awesome if breastfeeding or bottle feeding), carseat (research current safety ratings!), DIAPER GENIE. We have have a video-camera baby monitor -- worth every penny -- my son had reflux and chronic cough, and being able to see him gave us such peace of mind. I LOVED having a baby bjorn (infant carrier) and many moms love slings! Congrats!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A good car seat.  Out of all the baby gear I've had with my 4 kids, the car seat gets the most use and is the most important piece of equipment to keep your grand-daughter safe.  Join the car seat safety group on CM, they'll help you find the perfect seat. :)  Gratz on the grand baby!

TJFBGMommy

Answer by TJFBGMommy at 7:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My slings and wraps. I started with the moby. I can't live without it. I had no use for other things and i had a winter baby. . The book diaper free and babyled weaning, invaluable. the only baby ger i had use for was a 3-in=1 infant to toddler rocker an a convertible car seat.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Dmac, a Bundle Me is considered an aftermarket product, and can interfere with the harness, and add a layer of thickness, and is NOT SAFE. It IS safe to use the types of covers for infant seats that are shower cap style.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If I had my pick of anything to get for a new baby it would be diapers of various sizes and wipes. With my first I had tons of diapers that lasted me almost the entire first year. It was super great not having to worry about running out.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 7:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I couldn't live with out a bouncer. I used it every day until dd was too big to fit in it. Also, something I WISH I had gotten was a movement monitor that goes underneath the baby while they are sleeping in their crib, it alerts you if the baby has stopped breathing. Also, I wish I had gotten a jogging stroller.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had a winter baby also and I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! A Bundleme ("bundle-me") was the handiest, most useful thing we asked for (recommended by a friend). It lines your carseat/carrier (fleecy) and zips over the baby like a blanket (leaving his/her head exposed, of course). I prevents you from having to put a coat on baby whenever to need to travel....it's warm as heck.....
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am going to say a great car seat, a swing and diapers, wipes and onsies.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• carseat, swing, snugli
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i loved the boppy pillow!! my son had really bad acid reflux he'd scream almost all day long. we got him on zantac and the pillow. during the day i'd laying him on it useing it to elevate his torso and head. IT HELPED SO MUCH. it also is good when feed so your arms don't start to cramp up. and if she has to have a C-section she can put it around her stomich so when she holds the baby to feed it will keep the weight off. you can use it for just about anything
    RaeTy

Answer by RaeTy at 8:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2010