decaf coffee during pregnancy?

I've been craving coffee lately so for the past two days...i drank a grande decaf hazel nut latte from starbucks~ I feel so guilty...

Is this ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Decaf still has a little caffeine in it. So if your trying to stay a way from caffeine,,do not drink decaf

Answer by louise2 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Caffeine in moderation is not going to hurt the baby. I get Starbucks 3 times a week; and if I can't, I drink 2 cups in the morning of regular coffee; doctor said it was fine so have at it :)

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 1:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Don't feel guilty. Decaf has some caffeine, but it is a very small amount, way less than than a regular coffee or a soda. Enjoy your decaf, mama. Your baby will be fine.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had different providers for all 3 pregnancies and all 3 said that a cup or two of full-caf coffee a day was fine. Decaf isn't going to hurt your baby at all.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes, that is fine. Just keep in mind decaf still has 4% caffiene in it so just be careful of too much consumption but 2 or 3 cups a day should be fine. Dont feel guilty:) If you still do though, just ask the doc to get a more comforting answer:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i used to drink decafe drinks until i started noticing that i couldnt sleep through the night so i asked my doctor and she told me that the babies heart beat beats 4 times our own. so imagine what a lil caffeine does to us??? its alright in early pregnancy but when it gets hard to sleep at night stay away from anything that keeps you up. i stoped drinking coffee and slept like a baby!
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008