What is your favorite charity and why?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 7:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I prefer local charities ones that I can be involved in as well as contribute to financially. Children are the ones that cannot control their situations. Abused and abandoned children. Children with learnin disabilities. Needy children.
    Helping take care of children in your community is of utmost importance.
    It is very important that you take care of your family and help them when and where needed. Todays world often ignores those closest to us.
    We should gather around and support and care for the needs of our families and friends.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I like Make A Wish... They do amazing things for those poor children that they wouldn't be able to do any other way... Im 100% behind Make A Wish....

Also I support the local Hospice that helped take care of my father in law when he was still alive... I dont support alot of the hospices in my area, (Had a REALLY REALLY Bad dealing with one of the hospice cares in my town.. I wish they would just shut that one down..)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Child Find, because it scares the heck out of me to think......that something like this could happen.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Make A Wish & The Nature Conservancy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I support the Ronald McDonald house and I try to do those Christmas angels you find at places like walmart and salvation army to buy christmas presents for kids. Those are both things that directly touched my childhood.
    awesomedeity

Answer by awesomedeity at 6:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Mine is Hospice. I am partial to this organization as I worked in it for many years. I have witnessed first hand how they go beyond the call of duty to provide exemplary support, care, comfort and counsel to the dieing and their families.
    thismamacooks

Comment by thismamacooks (original poster) at 7:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm so sorry with your bad experience with the one hospice. You are right if they gave substandard care or were unethical, they should be closed down.
    thismamacooks

Comment by thismamacooks (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Children's Hospitals
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have a few. One is called Save a Child's Heart. It was founded in Israel by a heart surgeon willing to do heart surgery for any child who needs it. They have even brought kids from Iran/Iraq in for life saving surgeries. The founder has since died, but others are more than willing to take up the call.

A new fave is called Change the World It Just Takes Cents. It runs through my kids' school. The teacher who runs it is concentrating on helping Darfur and Darfuri refugees. They built a Darfuri preschool in Tel Aviv. Next up is a school in Darfur.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have lots and to many to list.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010