Can you make fun of this name?

Can you think of any ways to make fun of the name Sage (for a girl)?

I really love the name, but it's a little different so I just want to make sure it's safe.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Baby Names

• To be blunt, kids can be cruel, so NO NAME is off limits to be made fun of. But I also think that a lot more goes nowadays than used to. The unique and unusual seem to be more mainstream than traditional family names. Personally, I think it's pretty.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think its a pretty name as well. So cute for a girls name too.

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I can't. And I think its very pretty.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Thank you ladies! Sage means wise and healthy, so far on a scale of 1-10 this name has gotten a 10 in my book. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any surprises I haven't thought of :)
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A friend of mine has a daughter named Saige. I don't recall any thing she has ever been called.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In my kids Elementary school there are 2 girls named Sage. I think it's a pretty name and I can't think of any way to make fun of it but children have great imaginations and they will come up with a way to make fun of every name.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think it's a great name ... You can't worry too, too much about the name getting picked on - kids can be cruel and will pick on a kid's first name, maybe their last name, maybe something they do. You can just instill solid values and be there for your kids so they can handle the situations they encounter. Easier said than done, I know.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Wow, I'm really surprised that there are so many other Sages out there! That's totally ok though, it doesn't change my mind. I have never met a Sage before..... but I'm sure I will lol
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I ove the name, it is very pretty. I've only met one little girl with the name.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I like it! I'm sure someone will figure out how to make fun of it...every name can be made fun of one way or another.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010