Afterlife

do you believe that people who do not follow your religion will still have rewards in the afterlife if they are good people?

What religion are you?

Charmom2

Asked by Charmom2 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am a Christian and if I believed that it would go against everything I believe about the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Jesus came to die a sacrificial death for our sins, which separated us from a perfect and Holy God.
    If we could have done anything to gain eternal life by as you suggest, good works. Jesus would have never had to give up His life by being crucified so brutally on the cross to open the way to heaven for us. Galations 2:8-9
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 8:25 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes, I believe we all return to God, that all paths lead to Him in their various ways and understandings. That He meets us where we are and cultivates relationships with us through our particular ways of perceiving and relating to Him. So I believe in the universal salvation, the reconciliation of all, every human soul.

I'm a Christian Universalist. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• God has sent his message throughout the times so that it could be known to all people. If someone knew of his message and did not care or follow it then they will not go to heaven because they have denied God. If they did not know of the message then they will be judged according to the good they have done. God judges each of us on what knowledge we have and how we used that knowledge to be good people. If you knew only Judaism and you followed it's rules like it's laid out in the Torah you would go to heaven, if someone then told you about Islam though and you didn't believe then you would not go to heaven. God does not however reward intentional ignorance. He does not punish us for that which we do not know though.
    I'm Muslim
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 9:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• "Jesus came to die a sacrificial death for our sins,"

Then "sin" should no longer exist...or at the very least, you should not be judged according to your sins. Otherwise his death was a moot point.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes. I believe in ressurections of good and bad people done by Jesus.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes, Pagan.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• good question..an no particular religion
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan, and yes, I believe we all have the same afterlife and rebirth cycle coming regardless of our beliefs throughout life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am Catholic, Yes.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yes and I'm an Eclectic Wiccan.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010