Do you have daily quiet time within your family?

When do you have it? What is everyone doing? Do you have it at the same time everyday? At what time? How has it helped your family?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I work at night and come home in the morning so when i get home my son is usually sleeping and wakes when he hears my key in the door but around mid morning i put on a cartoon movie or a movie that we can enjoy, make us something to eat and we get in the bed and snuggle and I swear its like heaven its the most peaceful time of day for me and I just love hearing my sons heartbeat and feeling him next to me and I wish I could do that all day and everyday but I cant so i really appreciate me and my sons quality time cuz its just me and him
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yep, it's after the kids go to bed and are asleep.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well, dd and I have a "slow down" time every night before she goes to bed. We usually read a couple books and it helps her transition from day time to night time.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In my family there's never a quiet time. Either my son is screaming and laughing or my daughter is singing her heart out, I'm talking or dh is saying something. The only quiet time is when both kids are in bed.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Once in a while. My daughter loves to do a reading program on the computor.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My daughter is two and won't always nap. We give her quiet time instead of nap time. She has to sit on her bed, in her room, quietly... but can otherwise do anything she wants as long as it is normally allowed. DH and I try to behave as though she were sleeping. We've found it to be successful in helping her unwind a little, even if she won't nap.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ha! Ha! I wish.

Maybe when they're naping?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010