hello i am looking for some answers on miscarriages

i have had two in the last year and im pregnant again and im scared its going to happen again. I am having cramping again really really bad and my hormons haven't been going up again and i wish i knew what to do please help me or has this happen to anyone else?

mommysangles08

Asked by mommysangles08 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have they tested your progesterone as well, or done tests after the last mc? Theres not much you can do but try to stay positive and I hope this one sticks. I had one mc last year and I understand how horrible it is.
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It is my understanding that most docs won't start looking into causes or do extra testing until a woman has had at least 3 consecutive miscarriages. I think you fears are totally normal. I had one miscarriage, and I know I will be terrified the next time I get pregnant. But you should know that, statistically speaking, the odds of carrying this baby to term are very much on your side. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know fro my own research after my miscarriage that a woman who has had 2 consecutive miscarriages has an extrememly high chance of carrying her next baby to term, higher than a woman who has never had a miscarriage. I want to say it's something like 95%, whereas a woman who has never miscarried has (I think) roughly a 65% chance of carrying to term. How far along are you?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my doc told me after I had my mc that my chances weren't any different than a woman who has never had one and its actually like an 80% chance either way. Its not less if you never miscarried.
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Here's a link to an informative site about miscarriages.
    http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/miscarriage-statistics.htm
    If you google miscarriage statistics, you'll find lots of info. Statistics vary greatly depending on the study and the source. One thing that causes such a variance is that it is impossible to know how many women miscarry without knowing it. So that's why I gave the 65% statistic - that is taking into account as estimate of unknown miscarriages. The 80% rate of live birth does not reflect undetected miscarriages.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i know it is scarry i had 2 misscarriages but i am 5 mounths pregnet now and as far as i know my baby is okay. just keep ur hopes up and dont get all stressed out i hope this helps u
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• oh ok bluefrog, i get it!
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008