Dont you just love it..... (sarcasm alert)

That when you're pregnant your belly automatically becomes "public property" and people think that they have the right to walk up to you and touch your stomach. You've never seen them before in your life, but hey, you're pregnant!!

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, and when I noticed them coming at me I firmly told them that if they intended to keep their hand attached to their arm that it was in their best interest not to touch me. They got the message loud and clear.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i know!!!! i always hated people touching my belly. hands off people! i also agree with Namaste17- there are quite a few times i take my son out and random strangers start touching him. GROSS!!!
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yeah. It's a good thing I don't have personal space issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ya, that was something that really bothered me to, it will never change.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You need a t shirt that says "don't touch" on your belly. That drives me nuts too. ALSO I hate it when people think it's ok to come up and touch my kid.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have never had anyone just touch my tummy without asking. Strangers have never just came up to me either they just smile and say Congratulations! But if they did depending on who or where I was I may get a freaked a little about it because they are strangers.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:26 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I never had that problem. But then again, my husband says I have a look on my face that says, " don't f...in touch me, don't even think bout it." Lol
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I only ever had one stranger touch my belly. HOWEVER people are always trying to touch my kids. They love my oldest curly hair, and my youngest chubby cheeks. I'm like yeah thanks guys but don't touch my kids..
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I never had a stranger come up to me & touch my stomach, but lots of people that know me did. It never bothered me in the slightest. I know they would never be doing it if I were not pregnant, so to me, it was more like they were touching the baby. Some people asked if they could touch my belly & some just did it. Either way, I was fine with it.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I like it when people come up and touch my belly, not that any stranger did it before, but i don't mind. My friends just automatically came and rub my belly, i think it's cute.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 26, 2010