How often do you balance your budget?

I spend about 30 minutes every payday deciding where I am going to put money or who I am going to rob this pay and hopefully pay back next pay.

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• one word mint.com it changed my life! its a online budget..its great!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• an hour or so once a week and then I tweak it every time I pay something.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Every 2 weeks, on payday. I determine the total amount of bills for the upcoming 2-week period, leave that amount in the checking account and throw the excess into the savings account. I do review our bills/spending on a quarterly basis (I use Quicken) and scrutinize the heck out of that report to see where we can cut back and then make changes accordingly.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• At least once a week I go over everything thoroughly to see if I have to fix/adjust something and to make sure we are balanced. And when something gets paid to make sure it has been paid correctly.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 8:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Since I don't have a job I really don't have any money to work with. When I get my child support I pay as much as I can and then hope my stuff doesn't get repoed or cut off till I can't get more money somehow.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• This is what I do---At least once a week I go over everything thoroughly to see if I have to fix/adjust something and to make sure we are balanced. And when something gets paid to make sure it has been paid correctly.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Never really, I just keep track of everything as I go.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 5:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm ashamed to admit it, but I balance it every time a bill comes in. Yeah I'm that big of a nerd.

But we keep a copy paste budget from month to month and then fine tune it for that month. So while I may work on it a couple times a week, I probably don't spend more than an hour on it every month.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I work on mine about once a week. I have an excel spreadsheet that is in a calendar format so I can see how much $$ I have on any given day of the month. I tweak our discretionary spending quite a bit based on what the calendar says.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Almost daily because i love crunching my numbers. I HATE math and couldnt possibly make it through any kind of acounting, but i would love doing personal budgets for people or small companies!!! Its absolutely thrilling!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010