my husband looks like a bum...lol

right now, he needs a hair cut and when he shaves, he is not shaving "clean" he leaves a little bit of stubble which i actually think is hot. but when his hair gets long like it is now it starts to look greasy and add that to the stubble and he just looks like a bum. and i just wish he would get a hair cut. maybe it's bad but i don't want my dh looking like a bum. anybody else experience this? how do i approach it with dh without hurting his feelings? but he really should look professional for his upcoming clinicals for PT school. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• He absolutely does need to look professional for any career in the medical field. Why not ask him to put himself in his future patients' position? Lots of PT patients are older people and they expect more of a clean-cut look.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My hubbie use to look like a hippie with the long shaggy hair. I started bugging him about it and he finally got tired of my complaining and shaved his head. He actually looks 10 years younger and now he loves being bald.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 8:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We are separated now but I never cared what he looked like. I'm just not one to care what people think. What bothered me is how fat he got. And it didn't care.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its not what others think, its what your think about your husband that matters. When my DH and I dated, he was the best dressed man a women could ask for. Now, after seven years of marriage and two kids, he doesn't care about his image. He says what for. He says that he is not trying to impress anyone (e.g., women) and already has what he needs...bull shit!! My husband is cheap too. I do my best to keep myself up. I may not have my prebaby body anymore but i feel fabulous. I finally got fed up and purchased a gift card at JC penny for men. This is the only way he would purchase new clothes. I hid the receipt so he would not ask for it. the hair was another story so i drove him to the barbershop and told him it was already paid for and if he did not use it, someone else would receive a free hair cut. DAngg! my hubby looked HOT! anyway, it did not last long. but now he is accepts that he looks bumish and combs.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I deal with the same thing all the time. My dh is too cheap to get a hair cut, so I say I'll pay for it or I'll cut it, I figure I can't make it any worse. And he says it hurts when he shaves. I think it is all just laziness. It really bothers me and I have told him. Sometimes I think others must wonder why is she with someone that looks like that. Not that I am some prized possession to be had, but I do keep myself neat and clean looking. Good luck. I can't wait to see what others post!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2010