Do any of your children still.......

sleep with a favorite baby blanket they've had since birth? And how old are they?

My son is 6 yrs old, and while he has his macho cars, trucks, hot wheels...Power Ranger men.....etc........he still likes to either cuddle one thin receiving blanket, or places it over his pillow, like a pillow case and lay his head on that. Some times he carries the one, or other around the house......like he is LINUS from Charlie Brown and places it by his side as he is sitting playing.

I know he is 6 yrs old.......so no bashing. He does not suck his thumb or anything,he never did.......but he carries these few blasts from his past around the house!

I think its cute and innocent.

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 9:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No my son didn't get "hooked" on anything until he was about 4 years old. (Now he panics if he can't find his Buzz, Woody & Jesse Toys) Unless you count having to have a piece of cheese every night before bed. **Finally broke that habit. when School started.**

I think its cute & its not like he has to take them Everywhere. They are a comfort to him. I know full grown adult women that still have to sleep with a silk piece or suck their thumbs.... So A 6 year old with a blanket is normal
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My son doesn't take them anywhere either. Not to his Aunts or Grandpa's house.

He told me one day why he liked them around...cause they reminded him of his childhood! I said,"Son, you are still IN your childhood!"

He said,"I KNOW Mom, but you have photos of me as a baby with a few of my blankets, so it reminds me of that!"

He is a silly one!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think it is sweet and most definitely harmless.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 9:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My DD who is 5 (6 in 3 days!!) has a small blanket with a bunny's head on it. She's had it since birth and it sleeps with her every night. She sniffs it, hugs it, and lays on it. If it's not there she cries "bunny, where's my bunny!". My oldest, who's 9, has a blanket with a frogs head on it. He also has to have it when he's sleeping, although it only has to be in his bed.......he pretends that he doesn't hug it...lol! I see nothing wrong with it and they'll give them up when they're ready to.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My daughter has a blanket she got on her 1st birthday she carries around and won't sleep without. She's only almost 3 but my son (almost 14 months) is starting a blanket thing already.

As long as he doesn't take it to school i don't see a problem. If my daughter takes it with us to the store she leaves it in the car
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My 8 yr old daughter used to take her favorite stuffed animal every where to which we lost it several times and had to back track to find it she never had a favorite blankie always stuffed toys we have lost several over the years and she went on to having a few more but she is out growing that stage she used to take them everywhere we went
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• On the rare occasion my son has brought it with us when going to the store, and makes sure the car doors are locked.

I catch him rubbing it on his face.........he loves the feel of it being so soft. Its cute to watch him as he drifts to sleep...comforting himself to go nighty night!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband got our daughter a stuffed bunny when she was little. Now that she is 25 & married, she no longer sleeps with it (I don't think she does anyway LOL), but when she travels, it goes with her. That bunny has been to Mexico 3 times, Ireland, England & several other places. It has seen more of the world than I have LOL.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My 6yr old still sleeps with her blanket. When we go on vacation it comes with us for her to sleep with in the car and at night.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Mine will be seven next month. He has a baby blanket that he has on his bed. he doesn't sleep with it exactly but he won't sleep if it isn't there. He also has several stuffed animal friends that sleep with him on rotation. I don't worry about it, I still sleep with a teddy bear on my bed at night.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010