My husband caught one of my son's coaches checking me out and ever since then is

calling me out on my outfits and also did not make me go to meet the coaches at the school one night. SO far I have dressed more conservative and kept a low profile , I feel like a puppet but is my hubby doing this for myo own good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• No.....he's doing it because he's insecure. Even if you dress conservative there will still be men that are checking you out, you can't stop them. Just be you and don't worry about what other men are doing, as long as you're not encouraging them then you're doing nothing wrong.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ask him to pee on your leg next time...ya know, to mark his territory. LOL Jealousy and insecurity do funny things to people.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• He's doing it because he's JEALOUS!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sounds like a lack of confidence in himself. You need to assure him that you have no interest in this guy and make him know the only thing he is doing is making you feel like a puppet. I'm sure you probably have already done that tho, next step is to maybe think about couple counseling. Apparently something is keeping him from trusting you and that isn't always a problem with the relationship. It could be an issue he is dealing with from his past and with couple counseling you can knock it out together. Getting past this situation together in a healthy way will build your relationship stonger and help show him the love you have for him and hopefully fix his issues with trust. The longer he treats you in a controlling manor, the more upset you will get and eventually resent him. It is better to knock it out before it starts causing more emotional issues in the relationship.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No he is doing it for his peace of mind and insecurities, not for you, do not let him tell you how to dress or act, he needs to trust you!

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• dress how you want.. i think its kinda immature, hes a boys coach- what do you expect? i think 50% of all boy coaches( from any sport) only coach so they can check out all the hot moms that bring their kids.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Wow, insecure much? Well, his insecurities are his issue, not yours. You need to talk to him and remind him that while you understand where he's coming from, you have not done anything inappropriate and you will continue to be and dress as you always have, and he needs to deal with his issues or it will ruin your relationship.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:59 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It sounds to me as though he doesn't like the idea of other men having sexy thoughts about you. As long as you aren't flirting, I don't see his problem. You may as well dress a bit more conservatively if doing otherwise upsets him, but you should still be allowed your own style.

Answer by Bmat at 9:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Some men can't handle the fact that "Men Are Going To Look." Honestly I feel as though he is punishing you for anther person's actions. As mothers we should always make sure that out outfit of choice is appropriate, especially around men. This doesn't me you have to wear baggy clothes to your son's games. Just be mindfully of your appearance. The way you dress when you go to work, out with the girls, church, around the house, etc... are all different. Keep that in mind so your husband doesn't freak out again, because obviously he is very insecure.
    dsbishop22

Answer by dsbishop22 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Your husband shouldn't have control over the way you dress, & he sure doesn't have control over the other guys checking you out... Its all a part of live, if a guy finds you pretty or whatever it doesn't matter what you wear, that feeling will still be there. Unless you were flirting too, he needs to calm down & understand that that you didn't ask for the looks, you are with him for a reason.....

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010