Just started a new website, any marketing advice?

Hi Guys,

I just started a new website for parents and parents to be. On this website you will find great deals on just about anything for children and babies. I'm having a little trouble as far as the marketing of this website is concerned... Any suggestions as to what I can do to obtain more traffic?

www.thesopsatmomshouse.com

dsbishop22

Asked by dsbishop22 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a facebook fan page, Twitter account? These are some really great ways. You can look for some networking groups as well and blogging is good, go through blogger, they are the best to me. I sell online as well so I do my share of networking, when I have time. Main thing would be to network where your product could be used by those people. Good Luck!!
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 9:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have a couple of ideas for you.  I started a new website which is featuring a page of advertising.  That runs $5.00 indefinitely:  The Ad on the Wall.  Also, I have a list of other free advertising sites you can try:  Free Advertising

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Getting your site to come up in the search engines is important, so I'd recommend looking into Google ads and to be sure you have good search engine meta data. I also agree with starting a facebook, twitter, and even starting a blog about your website is a good idea. I'd look around for other parenting sites and blogs and ask them if they can put a link on their website or see how much it is to advertise on sites like Cafemom etc.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 12:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• twitter facebook put flyers out at daycares or pediatricians offices and the food stamp office or anywhere gov't helps moms ..they have post boards.. and find people with blogs about kids or moms and ask to advertise.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Twitter, Blog, Facebook, Youtube, Craigslist, flyers, business cards, join your chamber of commerce, check to see if your area has Coffee News, The Little Coupon Book, Mint Magazine, local magazines, buy promotional materials and hand them out, advertise in local paper(s), cross promote with local compaines, get out and about in your community- go where there are moms! Wear a shirt with your logo or company info on it while you are out, make sure that you have lots of business cards on hand, attend business seminars, and join http://thejoyofconnecting.com/. If this is not in your area, you may want to consider becoming a licensee. If you have any questions you can pm me or you can find in in the cafemom group- Mommy Movers and Shakers.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Hi, Since your business is online, you want to focus primarily on marketing online. I took a look at your site and I can find a few things that you need to work on there first to make your website attractive and compelling to other parents. By the way, your contact page has a parsing error that you need to fix. Ask yourself this question when you look at your site: what would make me want to come to this site? Right now, it's all about the great deals but there are thousands of sites offering great deals. You've got to offer your visitors something unique that will make them want to come back. Also, you need to optimize your site for the search engines. Do some keyword research and create more content using those keywords. Take a look at this article about internet marketing strategies for more tips.

HealthyMom62

Answer by HealthyMom62 at 7:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010