Is there such a thing as sippy cups that don't leak?

I am looking for a good sippy cup for my daughter. I have 2 different kinds and they leak, my carpet is going to be ruined if I cant find one that doesnt. lol She really likes the ones w/ straws. Thanks for your suggestions.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, they leak if shaken or if their plastic insert is missing.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i dont reember the name of them but i remember seeing some at toyrus. they are the kind with the lid and you flip the top over and a straw pops out. they have this suction thing in them so it wont leak.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think they all leak,no matter how expensive they are ...even with the little white thing inserted in the lid. They leak. And don't let your kids eat or drink while standing or sitting on carpet. Or , if you have carpet everywhere,put a plastic sheet under their highchair.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have the same problem and i noticed that no matter which kind you buy they will leak....i have so many different kinds and they all leak to a point.....all i have done is stock up on carpet cleaner....and anytime i get a mess just clean it up right away....but the cups that have the stopper in it are the ones that don't leak as much.....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 9:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nuby makes a straw cup with a valve. A friend of mine uses them and I have never heard her complain...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If you are looking for sippys with straws the Thermos stainless steel ones are great but they are REALLY expensive. The Playtex twist and click ones are also awesome! NEVER leaked for me and they are pretty cheap.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have the playtex twist and click but can figure out how to get it to click. Whenever I do get it by chance they won't leak!
    Tiffany237

Comment by Tiffany237 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yea..they def dont leak....are they all from the same batch you purchased or are they from sep purchases? I wonder if they are faulty. I have about 10 of them and they all work. They don't ness make a click sound but you can feel it pop into place..
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010