Do you think a 1 hour commute to work is too much?

That is 1 hour 1 way.

Asked by dragonlady320 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is something I would try to avoid but in today's economy you got to take what comes along.

Answer by older at 9:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I personally would not want to commute 1 hour each way for work. I understand that people may have to do this and I feel for them because it makes your day that much longer.

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I used to when I was younger. It was by bus and train and one hour and a half. It took a lot of bad colds and anxiety to realize I had to move closer to my job. GL, whatever you do.

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Depends on how much you are being paid. If the pay is enough to cover the extra costs of commuting, then it really isn't that bad. You have to remember that with commuting, there is more gas being used, more wear and tear on the vehicle and insurance may go up because of the amount of miles you are commuting. There is also the added stress of drving on the interstate twice a day in rush hour.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would think so..what do you have to be to work?

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did for 5 years...and in the winter when it snowed or there was ice on the roads,it would take two hours. One way. But I loved my job.

Answer by gertie41 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• as long as your job is paying for the gas. I live in hte mountains and it take atleast 30mins to get into town from my house....its not that long when you get used to it..

Answer by hotmommy420 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think so but that is just me I think the 20 minutes into town is to much I know lots of people around here commute at least that far. It would depend on the job and how well it pays and if there is anything closer maybe less money but also less time and gas would balance that out maybe

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband does this every day and had for the last 10 years. It's getting old and he's looking for a new job. Not an easy thing to do in this economy. If he still liked the job, he wouldn't mind, but the company he worked for was bought out by another company and now it sucks the life out of him.

Answer by layh41407 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes I do, but around here it is the norm. My dh drives that to work everyday. Longer if there is rain, snow, or accident. And yes, I think it sucks!

Answer by LovemyQ at 9:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010