How can I get my 21 month old to stop biting???

My 21 month old son has been biting at daycare lately. Usually its if he wants a toy that some other child has. But the other day it was just during movie time (I dont know if something else may have happened where the other child made him mad). He does not do it at home because the time he did I bit him back and that stopped that!!! But that cannot be done at daycare. Im starting to get very frustrated by this wondering if each day we pick him up were gonna get a bad report!!!

Any feedback would be awesome!!!! Thanks

calico217

Asked by calico217 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had this problem with my daughter. When I saw her bite, I would take her fingers/arm whatever it was that she bit, and put it in her own mouth and make her bite herself. WOW she quit that habit real quick.
    I would okay them for to do that. It is kinda like a time out, but make her relize that it hurts when they do that.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• when my son bit me i bit him back he doesnt bite me anymore
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 9:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i bite him back then put him in time out when we was done crying about it i got him out and he would say he was sry... i have only had to do this twice.... it has not happen since
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Bite back. I did it. It worked MAke sure you tell them though No we don't bite our firneds..or family.. or ppl w/e.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008