Are Halloween times shorter?

I seem to remember trick-or-treat times being much longer when I was a kid. In my area they only have it two hours, 6-8. Do you think Halloween times have been shortened? Do you wish it was longer?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 9:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• yes i remember when I was Little ( i'm gonna be 25 in dec lol) but we got 3hrs to trick or treat now here I thinks its gonna be either 1 1/2 hrs or 2 dont know for sure yet .
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 9:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would like to know why they set a time anyways!?! When I was a kid (25 too) we went when it got dark, and kept going until we could go nomore......If my kids want to keep going, and there are lights still on, I am not gonna stop them! these kids are weak though, they start complaining quick. me and my siblings would go and go and go....I guess I give my kids so much candy that its not that exciting for them....sigh
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well to tell you how behind the times I am, I didn't know they set times. I just thought the kids weren't going out as long, lol. All my kids are grown and when they and myself were young we went as long as we wanted.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 10:02 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've never heard of set times! I think most kids go to the fall fests or the mall though. So they are just not as many kids out.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I've never been anywhere where there were set times, other than it started a little before sunset and went until we couldn't walk anymore. It's the Halloween fests and stuff that are on time limits, usually.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They were longer when I was A kid... I'm glad they are shorter now.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010