For those who have cheated...

Did you feel badly afterward the fact? If so, why? Did you ever tell your husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I've never cheated but I had a friend that did. And she was an emotional wreck the entire time. But she didn't know how to stop. Her husband did find out after it was finally over but they both just acted like it never happened. He had cheated on her before so I think they feel like it is even now. And they are really trying to get their relationship right.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think if you have done it and the person doesn't know. Keep it that way. Whats the point in telling them and hurting them more? As far as guilt how can you not feel guilty? You betrayed that persons love and trust. Even if they never know. You know and that will never go away. Least now if you feel guilty you can start making it up to them. And vow to never cheat again. Start communicating and be there for them as a spouse and a friend. You can't change what you have done. But if they do not know , why chance loosing them. Their faith in you and their trust. You feel bad enough for it already. ( if you feel guilty ) Make it up to them. They do not need to know what you are making up to them or why you are being so nice. Just give yourself a chance to fall back in love with them. Cause if you strayed something was gone there.
    wildflowercandy

Answer by wildflowercandy at 10:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I personally, have never cheated, but I to have a friend that did. Her husband is a truck driver and was always gone on the road for several weeks at a time. She became involved with this other married person and got pregnant.....Needless to say she went thru hell for nine months, not knowing for sure who her baby's dad is. To make a long story short.....she is now a single mom of 2. Yes the baby she was pregnant with was not her husbands....he tried to deal with it for the 1st couple months of the baby's life but just couldn't handle it. The guy that fathered the baby was married and wasn't going to leave his wife. He has nothing to do with the baby....So in the end cheaters never prosper.
    mamameka1

Answer by mamameka1 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i cheated on my ex with who is now my DH. I did feel bad at the time, but it was somthing i wanted to do for awhile. i liked my dh before i was with the guy i was with, so it was easy to go back to. i would never do it again becasue the pain i went through and the pain i know i put my ex through was not fun.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did and I felt terrible guilt and confessed almost immediately. That ead over 15 yrs ago and I've never done anything like it since.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No. He shouldn't have made me do it. If he had been a good husband and taken care of my needs I wouldn't have looked elsewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What would be the point of telling him except to hurt him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010