• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know where I cnan find....

exercises for really overweight people that cant do the norm? I've heard of sitting exercises but cant seem to find a plan or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• There are non weight bearing exercises you can do from a chair. You can use rubber bands light, med, or heavy strength. (start light) Which can be purchased at target. Stretching and light yoga, and swimming. Always check with your doctor first before attempting any exercise program. Good Luck.
    mommaleen

Answer by mommaleen at 8:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• How overweight are we talking? If a person can stand or sit for long periods they can do any exercise a smaller person can do. It might not look as flawless but the end result is calorie burning, good sweat, and staying active. HTH
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 3:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am on spark people and they have lots of grps ect they might be more helpful since it is a weght loss support site and it is free :) also if you are trying to lose weight i can help you with that as well, safely, with no drugs, stimulants or side effects anyway PM if you have any questions and spark people is a really great site.
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 3:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well due to knee injuries and back issues I was told by Dr to start with chair exercises but never told me what he meant by that! I will try to check out Sparks. Thanks
    Anonymous