im scared please help if you had this problem

this is my second sexuall abuse suspition i had for my 3 yr old daughter. she goes with her dad everyother weekend. i am taking her to the doctor today but i would like to know if anyone else had an issue and what were your childs signs that they were being sexually abuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get her into counselling so a professional who knows how to get to the bottom of this can help you and your daughter.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think you should call someone in the special victims unit of the police and have them take care of it. They have special nurses that do an exam on kids that are trained to look for signs of sexual abuse, and the detectives they have, have a good way to talk to kids about it. I don't know very much about it, but I do know that they can tell if a child is coached so I would also be really careful about saying anything to your daughter about it. I know it would be heartbreaking for a mom who is trying to protect her child to end up being the reason the predator got away with it. Good luck!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I agree you need to get her checked out that way it can be stopped right away and things can be taken care of. ANd if anything did happen and I pray it didnt please make sure she gets counseling no matter how young they are that can scar them for life. They are so precious I do not see how anyone can do that. I do know when I worked in a daycare we had one little girl who would touch herself all the time when she went to the bathroom and we found out that was why.
    jrsmith27

Answer by jrsmith27 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008