when you LO hurts, it hurts you 100x more!!

the other day my mom and i took my dd and my sisters to 'fairytale town' and it was my dds first time in her carseat without me being back there with her. well to make a long story short she wasnt having it back there and was screaming her little lungs out. it was so heartbreaking, i was tearing up myself. i had my mom pull over so i could comfort her and get her to sleep, and then she was fine but omg it was heartbreaking hearing her cry like that!! Anyone else feel like that when they LO isnt feeling well?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• well why did you form that habit for her. she should have been alone in her car seat since day one, my three month old never cries in the car and if shes awake she just sits there and looks out the back window. i get what you're saying. i cry when she cries while getting shots but you shouldn't have made your child that clingy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• shes 3 weeks old! it was her 2ed ride ever in a car! wtf?? ive only rode with her once! how is that making her clingy?
    hotmommy420

Comment by hotmommy420 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Most hospitals recommend having someone ride with the baby in the back seat. We did because our daughter is a very sick little girl and we don't ever leave her unattended.

My two year old is the biggest cuddle bug ever. Some would call it clingy. I say that she does fine in familiar surroundings and has learned to cope well with Mommy leaving, so it's just nurturing my child.

And yes, it tears you to pieces and then pounds on you with a hammer. At least that's what it felt like when my baby had her open heart surgery. It's a little easier for each cry as a second time mom, but even now, if my two year old is sad, it hurts me.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• of course its natural, thats your baby so when they hurt you definitely hurt because you want so desperately to protect them from any pain they might experience but sometimes you have no control over it and all you can do is give them your love and comfort
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010