Worried about 23 month old not talking!

My son lost his hearing at 3 months old and we didn't know until he was 19 months old. In June he was scheduled to have tubes put in his ears and it helped alot. He started walking finally after it was done but he has gone so long without talking even his speach therapist is a little concernd is there anybody with any ideas? I am at a total loss and feel like a failure as a mom!!!!!!

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First don't feel like a failure, my son didn't talk much til he was three. Of course his hearing loss, even if it was temporary, will effect his speech. Keep him in the therapy he will catch up. My son is now five and basically caught up. He sees a therapists at school twice a week and has for a couple years. Hugs it will be ok.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 2:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Thanks! I just feel like if I would have seen the signs I could have coaught it sooner.
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my 23 mo baby is scheduled to see a speech therapist this week. Her thank you is du-du. daddy is di-ee. and not a whole lot of other words. My other daughter was pairing word by 2, I think even starting simple sentences. She talks ALL the time. I think my 2 yr old needs tubes, it may even help her behavior.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008