Is anyone familiar with k12 homeschooling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i homeschooled my daughter for kindergarten and i myself was homeschooled from 4th grade on.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am homeschooling my 8 1/2 old this year. I love it!! We also have a very active Homeschooling group here. Look on Yahoo Groups for a Homeschooling or AP group in your area.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you are talking about the k12 Curriculum, I have seen it and I am very impressed, I am 99% sure I am going to switch to it this month. It is head and shoulders above the Public based curriculum that we are wading through right now.

StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I taught the k12 course to my daughter kindergarten through 2nd grade, we just switched to calvert for 3rd grade. I loved it. I thought it was a great course to teach your kids, so information packed. I would suggest looking into it online, you can see the course description and what you would get for what grade. Also like the pp check out yahoo groups. I highly recommend k12.
    Anonymous

• I am not sure what you are talking about. I am familiar with homeschooling all ages, but maybe not with this curriculum. Could you elaborate?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i also used the calvert, sorry my earlier post didn't realize you meant a particular curriculum
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm considering that curriculum for next year. Call them--they'll talk to you for as long as it takes! The rep spent about 45 minutes with me on the phone, going through the curriculum online with me also. Hope this helps!
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I just enrolled my two little ones. Both my parents and half of my family are teachers. They were impressed with K12.

We are so excited about being accepted. Through the virtual program and the public schools it is free. They start this week. I will let you know how it goes. It seem pretty wonderful to us. They are very nice and polite when speaking with them on the phone. So many people called me last week to ensure my children were approved. it is best to get enrolled now. As soon as this catches on there will be a waiting list. They said I made it just in time.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 12:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2009

• I am enrolling my son in first grade this year through a public charter school in Pennsylvania. We are fortunate to live in an area where the K12 curriculum is subsidized by the state, but it's my understanding that this is not always the case.
    It does seem *too good to be true* but as far as I see, it is a great program with a lot of support and materials being provided. I'll let you know how my experience goes, I am optimistic.
    celtchic

Answer by celtchic at 3:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2009