Child molesters are't allowed to live near schools...should they be allowd to live near bus stops?

This question came up in my state this past year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unfortunatly short from putting all child molesters on an island together, there is nothing we can do to keep them COMPLETELY away from children
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think they should live anywhere near children, Schools, parks, school bus stops. Children have been known to go missing from those area's so why even have a mentally sick child molerster near them.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Wherever they live, they can just go to a school and do their thing. As long as they're not all in jail where they belong, I don't care where they live, I'm still scared.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 10:39 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think this should be an issue. IMO, we need to redo and set classifications for sex crimes. Peeing behind a building or an 18 yr old boy having sex with his 16 yr old girl friend shouldn't be sex crimes. IMO rape and child molestation should be death penalty offenses. They are not curable AND if we executed them there would be no need to worry about them living close to schools or bus stops.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• THis came up in my state to. Whether or not registered sex offenders should be allowed to live by bus stops. This was an unrealistic idea. When all the bus stops were plotted on a map and the area of which was in question was high lighted it left almost no where for them to live. basically there would be no sex offenders int he state. Sounds nice but honestly some of the stuff people are on the register for are not a threat. I know a guy who has to register because he was a drunk college student who got caught peeing behind a building. Stupid yes. Sex offender, not really.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It really doesn't matter if they live near school or the school bus.. The sad thing is child molesters could be living right in YOUR own HOUSE! Its usually a person you would not suspect. My dad was a VP of a fortune 500 company, taught high school religion classes,coached little league and soccer, received more awards for all his community services than I can count. No one including my mom would ever believe he was capable of molesting a child. But he did. The only way to protect your child is to educate them.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 11:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• They should all be shipped off to the moon. Or a nice island in the middle of nowhere surrounded by sharks. I don't have an iota of pity for these people, they can't be 'cured'. They're the real life monsters that us parents have to worry about when it comes to our children.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• IMO it would depend on why they were registered. Satitory rape where the said victim was willing and there was only a 2 year or so gap,or like the 14 year old boy who had to register for "sexting" and crap like that, then I don't see such an issue.
    For child moslestation cases, or rape, etc, then IMO they shouldn't be on the streets in the first place!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Unless they are exiled to their own island ( an action I'd support btw) there is no way to completely keep them away from children. They can't live near schools. Are they allowed on mass transit? A parent reads a book and suddenly their child is in the hands of a molestor. Any publc place can be a hunting ground for a pediphile.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• These safe zone laws are more dangerous than letting them live wherever they want. All these zones do is breed a false sense of security where people think their kids are somehow "safer" just because there's nobody who has ever been caught living within 500 feet. Every person on that list was an unconvicted offender long before they were a convicted one, and they were free to go anywhere they pleased. They were free to live across the street from the school and work inside it, and the same is true of all the other ones who haven't ever been convicted yet, no matter how many safe zone laws you pass.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010