Does this make me horrible?

So..with my first child I took many, many pictures and short videos on the camera. I pretty much 'documented' her life...

I have a 17 month old son and I have only done 1/2 of what I did with her. I have ONE video of him and its recent. I have 1/2 the pictures of him I do her.

The problem is: we live with my in-laws and I dont have my PC to DL everything to empty my camera contents onto so I can make more stuff on my kids..If I put them on my in-laws PC, they will most likely get wiped due to PC viruses it keeps getting..

If I puit them on my DH's, he has no virus protectionand I could still loose them down the road.
I was thinking about DL'ing them, and copying them to a disk so, I could put them on my PC when we move ina few months...

Any ideas?

I dont want my DS thinking I loved him any less.

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 10:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• no you are not horrible , it happens to the best of us of course with the first child its going to be exciting because you dont know what to expect and every milestone is so amazing to you but when the second one comes its not the same because you've already experienced it and basically know what to expect, its not that you dont love the second child as much its just the fact that circumstances were different during this pregnancy than your first so dont down yourself as long as you love your babies unconditionally and have a few things to acknowledge the birth then youve done your job
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Hun, this is normal, with each new child the pics get less and less. It happened with my siblings and I. I'm 42. It happened with my kids they're 20,19 and 16. I've never had an issue with any of the children feeling less then because of lack of pics. Do what you can do to preserve the pics you have. You'll be okay, and so will your children.((hugs))
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 11:00 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You're not horrible @ all lol..once you get your own you will be able to do 4 him like you did for you 1st born..so for now there's nothing good old fashioned homemade memories lol..hope this helps
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The other moms are right! The pictures dwindle w/ each addition to the family! Sad thing is, when I had my boys, it was before digital cameras came out, so I got film developed regularly. Now w/ my dau, we have a lot of pics on the computer & stored on discs. I'm not into scrapbooking, but even to do an album, I'd spend a fortune printing out pics- even if we go to a place like Walgreens or Target.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• This is totally normal. If you are really concerned, put them on discs. Just make more than one copy for backup.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i havent took as many of my last 2 as i did my 2 oldest..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Thank you guys!!! You ladies made me feel MUCH better about the situation :)
    It has been on my mind since my DH brought it up a few weeks back when we were going through DD's pictures.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010