Should I teach my son to be more pushy?

He's so patient. But that means he gets pushed around. After story time at the library the kids get stickers. And he tries to wait in line but he always ends up being last bc he just gets pushed out the way. And the same thing happened yesterday with a clown at a birthday party. He was sitting there waiting and another kid would run up and she would do that kid first. He's only 2.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think so honestly. I wished son was more patient. He gets so frustrated sometimes and yanks toys from other kids or pushes and it drives me crazy! He will come around with time I'm sure and be a lil more aggressive.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Some people are more patient than others. That is just how the world is. There is nothing wrong with letting him know that it is okay to stand his ground. He may or may not do it. Just let him be himself and it will all work out.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• not so much pushy but teach him to be more assertive an just talk up a lil more..my 5 yr son is like that..but he does tell kids when he had enough of being pushed out the way..now my2 yr daughter..she is definately pushy an i cant seem to get to cut it out..he only 2..he will come into his own when the time is right..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yeah u dont want him to be pushy honestly, my dd is so pushy it drives me crazy and ds on the other hand is more laid back & just goes with the flow but if something is bothering him he is sure to let u know....so I say just let him do his own thing and if kids jumping in front of him & pushing him around starts bothering him he will let the other kids know, my ds started to recently & his sister does still try to push him around as well as the other kids in the house but he speaks up & he did it all on his own....good luck.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• oh ds is 2 btw, will be 3 on Dec 27th and dd is 4 will be 5 on Dec. 31st
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010