Need help with getting my 10 month old to sleep in his crib all night. Help with crying it out.

My 10 month old son won't sleep in his crib past 1 am. He is still taking a bottle in the night once or twice. I've been thinking about letting him cry it out but i'm not really sure about how to approach it. Could use some help.

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 11:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem and talked to my doctor and he suggested that I cut out the night feeds, keep routine the same and a friend of mine suggested I put something like my shirt that I wore that day in with him when he went to sleep. Hope this helps. :)
    Amanda_82

Answer by Amanda_82 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What time is he going to bed? My son did this. Try waking him up before you go to bed. Make sure his room is nice and dark go in there and change his diaper feed him a bottle and he should fall back asleep. And sleep the rest of the night. Remember every child is different so what workks for one may not work for the other. I also didn't take my son off the bottle until 12 months. Maybe even a few months after 12 months. Anyway good luck!!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A great book that taught me how to solve my babies sleep issues was called The Sleep Solution. I started much earlier than ten months, so the methods I had to use may be different than what the book would recommend for you. I will say that you may have a little difficulty at this age because at 10 months, your child is starting to become more mobile...unfortunately this makes sleeping through the night a little harder because he wants to explore! Good luck!
    Mommiebiz824

Answer by Mommiebiz824 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• He goes to bed around 8:30 or 9.. He is fine in his crib until around 12:30 or 1 am. Then he just wants out so I put him in bed with me and he is fine. I don't want this to become a habit so I want to try and get him to sleep in his crib on his own. Do you think letting him cry it out will help? I've never really let him cry anything out lol. Maybe its time to start?
    excitedmommy22

Comment by excitedmommy22 (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010