In need of a recipe for Broccolli and Rice Casserole!

Anything special that you put into your B&R casserole that makes it unique?

Thanks!!

rcbrown

Asked by rcbrown at 2:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Food & Drink

• im not a casserole person but i make chicaken alfredo
    rice broccoli cut chicken breast alfredo sauce and mixed to gether
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I can each....cream of chicken
    cream of brocolli
    cheddar chesse soup or brocolli and cheese soup (campbells brand)
    ! can water with 1 can milk, stirr above until creamy add to casserole dish.
    add a few dahes of parsley, garlic, onion pawder, pepper
    2 cups rice and a package of frozen broccoli any type mix all together
    bake at 350 for 30 minutes using minute rice and an hour if using regular rice
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ooops! I meant *dashes* not dahes, sorry
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I add cheese and chicken with a topping of chicken stove top. Super good. My hubby loves it. He eats it until he get sick. lol. Let me know if you want the recipe.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 5:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• As much as some people knock cream soups, they are great for recipes like this because they will make a good, thick sauce without you having to worry about thickening agents and how much and everything. So, combine cream of broccoli soup, cream of celery soup, shredded cheese (cheddar, romano, and fontina are a good combo, but whatever cheese you like) with rice, chicken stock or water or water and milk combined, and broccoli florets. Season with a bit of onion salt, celery salt and pepper. Mix it all together and put it in the oven or make it on the stovetop. Either way, you'll cook it until the rice is tender, the cheese is melted and the sauce is mostly absorbed.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2008