how many days past ovulation do you have to be for a pregnancy test to come out positive?

I started my period on the 1st of this month and then had sex on the 14th. i kinda feel pregnant cuz my breast started getting sore a few days ago but i went to the dr for a pap yesterday and took a pregnancy test. it was neg. i would have been 6 days past ovulation. was that too soon to take a test ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• it depends; but anywhere from 8-15ays, usually. I have known people who did not get a positive until a couple months (for some reason the HCG was just not high enough...) However I got a BFP after 10 days post ovulation, 9 days post conception.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Wait a few more days and take a HPT. Negative result could just be from testing too early.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It varies with the woman and with the pregnancy. I've had a positive pregnancy test 9 DPO (days past ovulation) though.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2008