Is this the type of campaigning you wanted to see or expected from the Democrats?

Extensive mudslinging from the Democrat party based on half truths and lies to take the focus of issues off the failed policies of the Obama adm and the democrat congress.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/103795059.html?page=1&c=y

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You know, it is very sad that we EXPECT this. What does this say about "we the people" and those running for office?

I find it even sadder when the people don't research the issues to find out the truth and I find it very disturbing that something like Saturday Night Live becomes the source for what is believed. I am referring to the skits about Sarah Palin here. I loved them and thought they were hilarious.....but people quoted them..still quote them as truth!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Actually it's exactly the type of campaigning I expect to see from any, well, campaigner!!! It's Politics Baby!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• LOL Quinn about delilah!! I just love it when the chickens come home to roost!!!!!!!!!!!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:49 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What gets me is they cut down that lady from Delaware, O'Donnel (not sure of her name) for being around kids interested in witches.

But, they say nothing about the democrat  she is running against, Chris Coons who is a self proclaimed Marxist.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When in Rome......
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It's what I expect to see from anyone running for office....

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yep! Election season!!!! Good times.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:30 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't really care about the negative ads. Personally, I go off of voting records (if they have one), failing that I go off of their platform. As for sexist or dirty campaigning? Uh, I don't really see this election as any different than those past. In 2008, you were called a racist and bigot if you disagreed with any of Obama's policies or ideals. Palin was excoriated for being a mother of 5 (one with special needs) and criticized for wanting to serve the public. Where were the women's lib groups then? Instead of defending her for being a mother and wanting to work, they were throwing her under the bus because she didn't stand for their ideals.  All ads are filled with half truths, it's up to the viewer to research which half is true.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• QM, most women's lib groups were outraged with Palin because she is not intelligent AND I at least believe that when you have young children especially one with special needs you need to make sure THEY come first not you and your career.

Is their father not qualified enough to stay at home with them?  I disagree that they didn't get behind her because she isn't intelligent.  They didn't get behind her because she is pro-life.  Of course, that's my opinion and nothing you say will change that. 

As for Palin's daughter being a teen mom?  WOW!  What a judgemental little thing you are.  Should we judge your mother's parenting abilities on your choices?

Two words.  Double Standard.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yep, election season! I'm all stocked up on popcorn and gonna get me a nice box of wine to put in the fridge.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2010