• In the Spotlight:

Do you seperate your colored clothes..? is that discrimination? LOL

No, seriously...I put my clothes in piles..darks, whites, and lites. My MIL thinks that I am crazy. She only does Colors and Whites. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I seperate mine into whites, darks, lights, denim. And I am very anal about it. I don't want my Tshirts dingy because I washed them with jeans, etc.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Nothing...I just grab at wash....I don't even separate anymore... I do my wash every morning...so If I separated it I wouldn't have a full load...and I won't wash if there is not a full load.... I just by the color safe bleach stuff... and everything is good... I've never had anything come out pink!!! LOL
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I don't separate mine. We do check when we first buy the clothes. We separate then sometimes to make sure they don't bleed. But I don't usually otherwise.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I have piles for denim, baby clothes, and everything else (shirts to socks).
    I only pull out the baby clothes because they are such a pain to put away. If they are all in the same wash load, I get them done once.
    I don't have enough whites to bother doing a load of them. They seem to do just fine in the "everything else" pile.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I don't even separate my whites... none of us wear enough solid white clothes to make an entire load. I do wash sheets and towels separate from the clothes though.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i don't separate mine. the only time i do is when its new and i wash it for the first time.
    Anonymous

• I seperate mine. I have a nice little laundry sorter I got at Target. And I was a load a day. One day whites, one day colors that need cold water and one day colors that need warm water. I think it makes a huge difference in how the clothes look.
    StephB0203

Answer by StephB0203 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It depends. I used to but some days when i want to get some clothes washed, i dont have enough for a full load of whitesor colors. So i do jeans, towels, and a whatever pile.
    toni01rh

Answer by toni01rh at 6:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2008