Everybody Keep Asking Me

do you think Bishop Eddie Long did it? What do you think?

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 11:40 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ok..me personally..i think its some thruth to the story but not a sexual abuse..i think these young guys willing did these things on the fact of money an greed..these young men were 16 an up..u sense of knowledge of right an wrong is already there..no unless these boys were mentally or pyschically handicap that would be something different..
    but they had sense enough to rob this mans church but not sense enough to know that they were being taken advantage of sexually..make no sense..
    he is no different than the late Rev James Cleaveland..only diffence is his story didnt end with him dying of AIDS like Rev Cleaveland...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 2:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't know, did he?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Well if you look at it logically, which makes more sense? That four young men would falsely allege something like this separately, or that he did it?
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Time will tell.. but my feelings as I read the article were said saying that the man is being set up. It does happen. I will not say rather or not he is guilty because only he , God and those boys know the truth. As a christian my duty is to pray for him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Why would those boys lie? He is a horrible representative of the Christian faith, and a hypocrite. He took advantage of those young men, it doesn't matter if they were the age of consent or not, he abused his power and is not in any way a man of God.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am not familiar with the story. Can you provide details please.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• "think these young guys willing did these things on the fact of money an greed..these young men were 16 an up..u sense of knowledge of right an wrong is already there."

Not necessarily. Would you be saying the same thing if those young men were young women instead? The fact remains that the man used his power and influence to tempt those young men (still boys really, imo) and he is a sleaze for just doing that. If someone in a position of power and influence tried to seduce you with trips and gifts at age 17 or 18, can you say that your sense of right and wrong would hold over the idea that someone influential is doing these things for you? Would you possibly be afraid to turn them down because you might make that person angry with you? This is what makes that "Bishop" Eddie Long such an ass. He knew the power he had over those young people. Why didn't he choose older men? Because he knew he could manipulate young men.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my gut feeling? i think the 'boys' are lying.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Hmm, wonder if people would be defending this guy if he was a Catholic priest instead. I think the guy's guilty as sin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If all I have available to make that decision is the newspaper reports I would have to say there is no way to know one way or the other, and it it's up to the courts to figure it out.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010