How do you let a baby cry it out? Not really sure how to approach it. 10 months old.

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be prepared to have your a** handed to you by alll the self rightous moms on here. I asked something similar to this several months ago and was told how bad a mother I am.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_the-ferber-method-demystified_7755.bc
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its not easy! lol and I don't think you should ever let them cry for more than 10 mintues. Especially at 10 months lol I thinkk 10 minutes gives them enough time to know that your not going to jump everytime they cry. If they are still going after 10 minutes then they are feeling something thats not right to them. Some babies cry if they wake up a little wet or if they want something to eat.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• just let them cry they will finally fall asleep and after a while they will stop but if they sound like they are choking cause of crying so much go and check on them to make sure they are fine but dont pick them up at all
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• So after 10 minute I should change him and give him a bottle then do the whole process over again? and hopefully it eventually works. I know its going to be hard and tiring but im hoping to solve my problem.
    excitedmommy22

Comment by excitedmommy22 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If you have made sure your child is not hungry, thirsty, not wet or poopy. Does not have a temperature/sick. Basically nothing is wrong with him/her. You place the child in it's crib and walk away. Let the child cry for a while. especially if you know he/she is tired and refuses to sleep

Answer by louise2 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Keep in mind you don't have to wait 10 minutes. You can start off with 5 mintues and work your way up . I know it sounds crazy but this will make it easier on you and the baby
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• make sure there isn't anything wrong with the baby. then let them cry for a few minutes. they will eventually fall asleep when they realize that you aren't going to him them up every time they cry. i tried crying it out with my son. it doesn't work. it helps him if i rock him for a few minutes. then he calms down and goes right back to sleep.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Its just that..u let that cry..If you've done everything and sthey still ahvent..(changed, fed, cuddled..) Now if they havent stopped let them cry for a while and after like 10-15 minutes lay them back down and calm them. do that a few times and if they havent stopped just let them cry themselves to sleep. they will learn..dont let them cry if they start coughing/crying..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 12:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Listen to the babies cry.... you can tell if it's because somethings wrong or if they are cying to get what they want or even if their starting to wind down. You have to be strong, it's very hard to listen to your baby cry because you want to sooth them but you have to remember why your doing it and stick to it. But if you hear that somethings wrong cry sooth the baby for a min and then start over. Good Luck.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Have you tried any other sleep training methods? The No Cry Sleep Solution is a great one. Please read about CIO extensively before utilizing this method. There are many studies and research showing it is not the best way to achieve sleep. It goes against every thing engraved in us as mothers and that gives me great pause. Please do the research because leaving a child to cry is not CIO there are extensive guidelines. Good Luck!

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010