speaking in tongues an recieving the holy ghost

if u dont speak in tongue or recieving the holy ghost can u still get into heaven?????

my grandad died yrs ago..he was a great man(in my eyes)..i have seen him get what they say is the holy ghost but never speak in tongues..but my mom just said that he wont get into heaven cause the bible says that u have to speak in tongues also..in order to make it to heaven...

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• And I always like to throw in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, because it is so important: If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    Charmom2

Answer by Charmom2 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No that is not true. If you look at the bible where it talks about gifts of the spirit, it says that there are many gifts, not everyone will have the same gifts and not one is more important than the other.

Let me find the chapters for you, so you can read them and make up your own mind about what they say... I'll be back.

Charmom2

Answer by Charmom2 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't believe this at all. I even got done reading a bible study talking about gifts of the spirit that even said we will all have different gifts and that God is in charge of that, so no one should be judged or put down for what God chooses for them. While I don't believe everything in the study - I tend to be more liberal - I do agree that its ridiculous to expect everyone to receive a specific gift in order to be "saved" when there are so many other ways of relating to God.

I don't believe in hell either, lol. I believe all of God's children return to Him.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• looks like I'm not going.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Lol! What?!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• lol..u know i never even thought bought myself..i have never had either...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• she read off something out of the books of ACTS..bout the holy ghost an speaking in tongues..i havent got that far in my bible reading yet so im not sure...thats y im askin u ladies..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you WILL speak in tongues when you receive the holy ghost
    its the evidence that you got it
    the bible says that

and if you dont receive the holy ghost and speak in tongues
    no because the bible says in Acts 2:38 which tells you how to be saved you have to repent,Be baptised in Jesus Name AND be filled with the Holy Ghost
    you can't just do part of it or half of it and still expect to get there.You have to do it all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No - the ONLY thing you have to do to get into Heaven is to ask Jesus Christ to come into your life

Answer by missanc at 12:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Charmom2

Answer by Charmom2 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010